donderdag 3 mei 2012

The Air, the Wind and the Breeze

So, today, I decided that, should I ever want to get that job in the collumn business, I'd better get myself a bit of a portfolio to show to potential future employers.
With that thought in mind I finished the homework I was making, started a more energetic song to write to (Tallulah by Sonata Arctica is great music to work to, but not to write to), cracked open a box of almonds and an energy drink, and started up Write or Die.
Write or Die (shameless plug incoming) is a great tool for people who want to write a certain amount of words within a certain amount of time. In this case I told it that I wanted to write 500 words (rougly one A4 page on Times New Roman 11) in about half an hour (twice the time I usually need when I'm writing), just to make sure that I wouldn't hurry it, have time to think about what I'm going to type and not start spouting random things.

When I was mentally preparing for this, I had a whole text in my mind. Unfortunately, that went down the drain quite quickly, so let's see what I can make of this, shall we?

Writing has always been a bit of a passion of mine. People who sat next to me during school hours could enjoy reading the many stories I wrote by looking over my shoulder on my laptop, or on the scratch paper I had in front of me. With that in mind, it's actually quite logical that I'd look for a job in the collumn business, but I just never really managed to set myself to it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the economy is going through the drain and I don't want to risk the cozy job I have right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying myself there, but at least I'm sure of my job (yay, permanent contract and everything) and I'm working with at least semi-sentient people. I've got no real obligations considering money yet, so it's not about that, either, but doing something that I'd enjoy more would be quite the boon.
I actually tried getting a collumn job before, but the paper I e-mailed never bothered to reply to me. Looking back, it was a dumb idea to just send an e-mail that basically went 'I'll hear from you if you are interested', and to only send one (that's 1, uno, één) mail to only one paper when you've got absolutely nothing to show anyway, but hey, you live and learn.

So that's why I'm starting this blog. It'll allow me to ramble on endlessly about everything and anything that happens to me. I'll update on my life, on what happens around me and on what I just happen to think about. Sometimes it'll be about university, sometimes my family, and it'll probably be a lot about my roleplaying experiences in Dungeons and Dragons, new World of Darkness, and Savage Worlds. The goal is to hit at least one, preferably two updates a week at an irregular schedule, so we'll see how well this goes with my lack of commitment. At the very least, this'll be an interesting experiment to me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten